Friday, July 1, 2011

Swim For Your Life

....a reflection on the weeks unfolding events.  Change is inevitable. The more you resist the harder it will be to catch up.  This is certain.  Change is the spoon of life, it comes along to stir the stagnant waters especially at times when you are laying on your raft floating in oblivion...*ZING - and like that, you are treading water watching the flotation device drift further and further away.  You look around, as if to ask what? where? why?  with no guarantee that you will ever answer any of those and no idea how you'll get out of the water...

I don't know if you will either.  I am constantly swimming against the tide of my own ocean of life and you expect me to know how you'll fare?  How about this, as good or as bad as you choose to. That is what my infinite wisdom has shown me thus far. I think you get handed loads in life based on your willingness to step up and take it.  If you happen to be one of those for whom the 'load' seems unfairly balanced, seems to never end? To you I say, well done!!! For the universe would not waste energy giving to those that can not handle it.  Do not envy the guy that seems to never have a thing go wrong - it simply means they could not cope if it did.  Instead I urge you as you feverishly swim for your life to give thanks, for there is another anomaly to this scenario...I have almost always found that those who carry these heavy loads need only look to the right or left and find they have also been blessed with the strongest of shoulders to help.  If and only If they will share it.

Back to my original sentiment, "as good or as bad as you choose to" And I mean that.  If you choose to bear your crosses alone, than you will.  If you choose to let it overcome you, it will. If you choose to do nothing, then that is what you will get.  And likewise, should you choose to lean on and accept the help of others, then lighter the load will get. If you choose to attack head on, then you can over come. And as long as you are in action you will have momentum.  You can not swim out of the water if you do not move your legs and arms friend.

As this day gives way to all that has yet to be, I know that I am ready. For what? No Clue, But you can bet your bottom dollar that when strife and struggle rears it's head (and it will) I'll be ready with an army of shoulders beside me. And should it be a false alarm then I will raise my glass with them instead in celebration and live to fight another day <3

1 comment:

  1. wow jenn. I like this, alot. theres so much good advice in here and i think itll stick with me for a while. really really good stuff. i like the part about "For the universe would not waste energy giving to those that can not handle it. Do not envy the guy that seems to never have a thing go wrong - it simply means they could not cope if it did." really good stuff.

    ReplyDelete